AOL Calendar helps you stay connected and organised with the rest of the world. With AOL Calendar you can:
- Stay up-to-date with family and friends -- Share calendars and coordinate schedules.
- Simplify event planning -- Organise and share events.
- Receive automatic reminders -- Stay on top of important dates with reminders that can be sent to you anywhere on the Internet and on your cell phone.
- Stay in sync -- Synchronise your AOL calendar with your mobile devices.
Select an FAQ below for more information.
How do I access my AOL Calendar?
You can view your AOL Calendar using a web browser or through the AOL software.
To view your calendar, go to http://calendar.aol.co.uk and sign in using your AOL Username and password.
How do I move around in the calendar using the Month, Week, and Day views?
You can display dates in the past or future month-by-month, week-by-week, or day-by-day; or you can jump directly to another month, week, or day.
- To display the previous/next month, week, or day, in the upper left of the calendar, click the Month drop-down menu and then click Month, Week, or Day depending on the timespan you want to display.
- To move to previous dates, click the left arrow next to the month at the top of the calendar. To advance to future dates, click the right arrow. Depending on the tab you selected, the calendar changes to display the next month, the next week, or the next day.
How do I set the time zone and hours displayed?
AOL Calendar allows for the personalisation of Time Zones and Daylight Savings settings as well as the start and end of your day if you are keeping a work calendar.
- Time Zone -- Ensures that events and appointment times match your local time. For U.S. members, Daylight Saving Time adjustments are automatic. (Indiana residents see Notes below)
- Day Start and End -- Determines the hours displayed on your calendar.
To set time zone and hours displayed:
- In the upper right of your AOL Calendar window, click Options and then click Settings.
- On the Calendar Settings page, next to Time Zone click the drop-down arrow, and then select your time zone.
- Next to Display, click the My typical day is from and until drop-down menus to open them, and then select the hours that you wish to display.
- When finished, click Save Settings.
How can I print my calendar?
To print your calendar:
Note: If you're using a Mac, you'll find the print option on your web browser under File at the very top. If you're using a Windows PC, you'll find your web browsers Print option located in the upper right of your browser window (IE, Chrome) or in the upper left (FireFox).
- Select the view of the calendar (Month, Week, or Day) that you wish to print.
- At the top of the calendar, in the upper right, click the ACTION drop-down menu (the gear wheel icon) and then click Print.
- You'll see a message that says "To print, select Print from this window's File menu." Click OK.
How do I locate an event on my AOL Calendar?
The AOL Calendar has built-in search features to help you find events quickly and easily. The search feature searches all events from two months behind to six months ahead of the current date.
To search the AOL Calendar
- On the upper left of the AOL Calendar, in the Search Calendar box, type what you want to search for, and then click the magnifying glass icon. Your search results will be displayed in the reading pane.
- Once you have located the event you are looking for, click the Clear button to return to the calendar.
You can now search for your events or reminders on your calendar whenever you need to find them. Thank you for using the AOL Calendar.
How do I add events to my calendar?
To add an event to your AOL calendar:
- Go to http://calendar.aol.co.uk.
- Click New Event.
- In the Enter Event Name box, type the name of the event.
- Check whether the correct date is entered in the box below the event name. If it's not, click the box and select the correct date.
- Click the All day box to place a check mark in it.
- If you want to set a repeating reminder, click the Doesn't repeat drop-down menu, and then select the appropriate option from the listed.
- If you wish to receive a reminder, click the No reminder drop-down menu, and then click Remind me at. Click the Day of event drop-down menu and select the time you wish to receive the reminder.
- Click Save.
How do I subscribe to a calendar?
In AOL Mail, you can create multiple calendars for yourself (for home, work, or anything else) and subscribe to calendars that others have published as well. Each calendar gets its own colour and displays in an overlapping format.To subscribe to a calendar:
Note: If prompted, sign in with your Username and password.
- Go to http://calendar.aol.co.uk.
- In the left panel, below your list of calendars, click Add Calendar.
- Click the Subscribe to a Calendar link.
- In the bottom box, type the Calendar URL that you'd like to subscribe to. In the Enter Calendar Name box, type the name of the calendar that you wish to subscribe to, and then click Subscribe at the top.
How do I share my AOL Calendar?
You can share your AOL Calendar as a web page or as an iCal URL that others using any iCal application can access. Here's how:
- After you have Added a new Calendar or if you are editing an existing Calendar, in the 'Web and iCal Access' section, click the radio button next to Private or Public.
- Click the Email This Link link under HTML (to share as a web page) or ICAL (if you want to share with other iCal applications).
- In the email window that appears, enter the email address of the person(s) you want to share your Calendar with and then click SEND.
How do I adjust how and when I receive AOL Calendar reminders?
You can adjust your calendar settings to change how and when you receive your reminders.
To adjust your reminders preferences:
- On the upper right of the AOL Calendar, click the Settings button.
- Next to Reminders, click the Set reminder delivery preferences link.
- On the Scheduling Options window, in the Delivery Preferences section, adjust your delivery time as desired, and then click Save.
- You will receive a confirmation that your settings have been saved. Click OK.
- Click X to close the Scheduling Options window.
You have now customised your calendar, ensuring that you're always on schedule!
How do I schedule an event?
You can schedule an event by typing directly on the calendar or through the New Event option.
Note: When you schedule an event by typing directly on the calendar, the event will only appear on your primary calendar.
To schedule an event by typing directly on the calendar
Note:If you wish to edit the event (e.g., name, time, or type), right-click the event, and then click Edit.
- Click the date on which you wish to schedule an event.
- Type the name of the event, and then click Add Event.
- To repeat the event, click the Doesn't repeat drop-down arrow, and then choose the desired frequency.
- Click Save.
To schedule an event through the New Event option
Note: To schedule the event on a different calendar, click the drop-down arrow next to the calendar name, and then click the calendar that you want to use.
- In the upper left corner of the AOL Calendar, click the New Event button.
- Type the event name, and then add/change the details of the event (e.g., date, time, or type).
- If you want to set a reminder, click the No reminder drop-down arrow, click Remind me at, and then select the amount of time in advance of the event that you want to receive the reminder.
- When you finish specifying the event details, click Save.
How do I move an event from one calendar to another?
You can move events from one calendar to another as long as you have rights to edit the calendar that you want to move the event to.
To move an event:
Note: Only calendars that you have View and Edit permissions for will be shown.
Note: To move a single event click This Event Only; to move all future occurrences of the series, click This Event and Future.
- On the calendar, right-click the event that you wish to move, and then click Edit.
- Next to the calendar name, click the drop-down arrow, and then click the calendar that you wish to move the event to.
- Click Save.
How do I delete an event?
You may need to cancel an event because of unforeseen circumstances. Simply follow the steps given below to delete such events.
Note: If this event is on a shared calendar, AOL Calendar automatically sends an email about the cancellation. Everyone who subscribes to your calendar receives an email regarding the cancelled event, and the event is automatically deleted from their calendar.
- On the calendar, right-click the event that you wish to delete, and then click Delete.
- Click OK to reconfirm.
- In case of a repeating event, to delete the single occurrence, click Delete This Event Only. In order to delete all future occurrences of the event, click Delete This and Future Events.
How do I reschedule an event?
To reschedule an event by drag and drop
Click and hold the event that you wish to reschedule, and then drop it on the date (Month view), date and time (Week view), or time (Day view) as desired.
To reschedule an event using the Edit button
Note: If you share your calendar with others, AOL Calendar automatically sends an email about the event change. Everyone who subscribes to your calendar receives an email regarding the change, and any schedule change is automatically reflected on his/her calendar.
- Right-click the event that you wish to reschedule, and then click Edit.
- Change the details of the event that you wish to change.
- Click Save.
- In case of a repeating event, to change a single occurrence, click This Event Only. In order to change all future occurrences of the event, click This Event and Future.
How can I contact the Calendar customer service team?
For assistance with My Calendar click the Contact AOL link at the bottom of the AOL Help page.